First, I want to start by letting everyone know that I'm fine and having a great experience in Sendai. The food is great and the people at church are very nice and patient with me despite not being able to communicate well with me. It took me about fours day to warm up to the idea, but on this night (Sunday night) I decided to try out the Onsen (public bath). It was very relaxing despite me being very uncomfortable around other men bathing. I took off my glasses before entering the bathing area, and that was the first time that I was so glad to have bad vision. Seeing everything blurry helped me to calm my nerves and enjoy the bath. I also got a chance to talk to Nakada-sensei (Sendai church pastor) in the bath and afterwards to his daughter, Misaki.
It's been less than a week, but I am already starting to feel homesick a bit. I may be having a good time meeting new people, learning about Japanese culture and helping some kids to practice their English skills, but I do think about my family, pets and friends all the time. It's kind of late, and I'm tired, so that's all I have to say for now. And yes mom, I am taking LOTS of pictures.
Can't wait to see you all again,
Tyler
Yay! So glad to hear you're doing well! I know God will use you so mightily and I can't wait to hear of your adventures in Tokyo and on the plane ride home. Continue to enjoy the onsen and take lot's of pictures :D
ReplyDelete